'Tis the season to pop open a can of our Back Home Gingerbread Stout! Even better, pair with holiday cookies! Even MORE better - make holiday cookies WITH our Gingerbread Stout.
Here's a celebrated recipe we at Golden Road love to mix up each holiday season. Many thanks to Suzanne Hollander, Registered Dietitian, for creating this masterpiece.
Suzy’s vegan Back Home Gingerbread
- 1 Cup Back Home Gingerbread Stout
- 1 cup dark molasses
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup plain coconut yogurt
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- Zest of 1 orange
- 2 tsp finely grated fresh ginger
- 1/3 cup chopped crystallized ginger, coated in ½ tbsp flour
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- ½ tsp salt
Optional: Whipped cream, coconut cream or vegan whipped topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour 8x8 cake pan.
- In medium saucepan, bring Back Home Gingerbread Stout and molasses to a boil. Lower heat and add coconut oil, stirring until melted and mixed. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Beat well coconut yogurt and both sugars. Slowly whisk in cooled Stout mixture. Mix in orange zest, crystallized ginger and fresh ginger.
- Pour batter into prepared dish. Bake 45-50 minutes, until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Set aside to cool. Serve with optional whipped topping.
Recipe by Suzanne Hollander, Registered Dietician